Old Halliwell is an historical landmark dating back to 1830’s when the first structure was built as a fortified wagon stop leading into the wild interior and our chapel was a Smithy where carriages were repaired and horses shod. Today Old Halliwell is a 4 star County Inn and working farm set on an elevated site of 250 acres with rolling lawns and forest overlooking the magnificent Karkloof Valley and incorporates the “Old Halliwell Rest Home for Horses”. The peace and tranquility of Old Halliwell where the air is clean and the water is pure, will take you far away from the hustle and bustle of city life and help you experience the charms of a bygone era, but with all the modern conveniences.
Remember that we are a well established 4 star country Inn and farm so we have all the usual facilities such as accommodation, restaurant, bar, smoking lounge, swimming pool etc and therefore can cater for all your before and after wedding requirements and with 17 years of wedding experience you’ll be in excellent hands, we are here to help you!
From small intimate gatherings to extravagant celebrations of 300 guests or more, Old Halliwell has the venue just for you.
Garden Ceremony’s: 250 acres of lawn, beautiful well established gardens a photographers dream. Large trees, forest & paddocks with great views of the Karkloof valley below, garden ceremonies prove to be extremely popular. However they are weather dependent. Our venue allow’s for all contingencies, so if a garden ceremony is what you want but the weather turns foul on the day we can use the chapel, if canopies and beverages were to be served at the poolside gazebo we can switch to the hotel dining room if available or the cosy pub. Our venue price will allow for changes relating to weather at no additional cost.
The Chapel: Can be used for the ceremony and can seat 120 guests with standing room for another 30 guests.
Main Venue: This high roofed light and airy insulated building with a clear 450 square meters of wooden floor space, has it’s own kitchen, bar, ample toilets, heated if required and can be partitioned off to cater from 45 to 320 guests depending on your requirements. The hall has draped areas and windows with fairy lights built into the ceiling, variable lighting to create the right effects as the reception progresses and excellent acoustics. The standard décor in both the chapel and Main venue is certainly adequate, however provision is made for the easy addition of more elaborate draping, bunting, lighting etc.
Included in Venue
• Option of garden/farm or chapel for your ceremony
• Use of pool area & gazebo
• Use of the Main Venue – this will also be available to you the day before from 7am to 6pm for set up.
• 1. 8 meter Round tables and standard ancona chairs with white covers
• Use of chapel’s benches, lectern, carpet for the aisle
• Use of the Bridal day room for you and your bridesmaids to get ready
• Complimentary honeymoon suite & breakfast for the bridal couple – subject to availability
• Glasses & Barmen for 8 hours
• Account or cash bar in the main venue, no other cool drinks or liquor allowed on site but clients may bring their own wine/champagne for a corkage charge of R45 per 750 mil bottle.
Old Halliwell Country Inn
PHONE: 033 3302602
ADDRESS: Curry's Post Road Howick 3290