The Wedding Expo
‘Happily Ever After’ with The Wedding Expo, in partnership with Old Mutual 8 and 9 June 2019 – Carnival City Sun Park
Your wedding day should be one of the most romantic, exciting and unforgettable days of your life. Visit The Wedding Expo, in partnership with Old Mutual,which takes place on 8 and 9 June 2019at Carnival City Sun Park to ensure that you transform your wedding into that extraordinary experience.
Considered South African brides’ favourite wedding event, The Wedding Expo will showcase everything from the perfect wedding stationery to beautiful blooms, breathtaking gowns, gorgeous jewellery, inspiring table décor, top photographers, superb caterers, professional financial and legal offerings and of course wonderful honeymoon options – with many discounted deals on offer to visitors at the show.
“We are privileged to play a part in the planning of weddings, one of the most important dates in many people’s lives,” says Amanda Cunningham, The Wedding Expo’s Managing Director.
“Our goal is to ensure that our visitors are able to find everything that they need at The Wedding Expo all under one roof, making the entire planning process as easy, enjoyable and hassle-free as possible. Whether you’re planning an intimate, bespoke gathering or a large, glamorous event, you’ll find the most up-to-date inspiration and products to help you create a dream wedding,” says Cunningham.
Priya Naicker, Head of Strategic Retail Marketing at Old Mutual Personal Finance, says “We’re excited to engage with couples about to get married, and give them financial advice for not only their wedding, but their life-long journey together.”
“It’s vital for couples to invest time and money in not just creating a sensational wedding, but also building foundations and creating financial wellbeing and stability during their marriage. Couples need to choose to start the journey equipped with the right expertise and with a financial plan that protects, guides and excites them. It’s ideal to partner with a financial adviser who can help you navigate tough choices, compare scenarios, and stay on track and accountable to both your current and future selves.”
The Wedding Expo boasts fantastic features and not-to-be missed activations including:
-Win a Wedding competition worth R150 000
-Have your cake and eat it – cake-tasting station
-Inspiring daily fashion shows – the latest and most beautiful bridal trends
-Grooms Passport – the chance to redeem a cold craft beer when a few easy steps are carried out
-Be My Guest” table inspiration competition
-WedTalks – Inspiration and advice from the vendors at The Wedding Expo
-The not-to-be-missed Hirsch’s cook-off where four couples will battle it out each day showing off their culinary skills to win their share of kitchen appliances from Hirsch’s Homestore. To enter, send a photo of you and your partner along with your engagement story in a short paragraph to on Facebook: MargaretHirschSA
-Delicious cocktails and food on offer
-A wide range of cold craft beer for tasting
-Live entertainment sponsored by Mega Music DJs with some of South Africa’s best upcoming talent.
Wedding Trends 2019
- The biggest trend for 2019 is bringing the outdoors in. Greenery, trees and shrubbery will take centre stage – think the royal weddings
- If you’re going for floral, think very big and very bold
- Colourful confetti, balloons and smoke flares are also a firm trend
- Return to simple and classic wedding dresses
- The rise of bridesmen and groomsgirls are breaking the gender barriers for 2019
- Dark and edgy colour palettes – moodier accents in direct contrast with romantic décor and soft textures have dominated the wedding scene and will continue to do so
- Statement wedding cakes – there is something iconic about a wedding cake, so why not go big and bold?
- Stationery is big for 2019 – from watercolours, airy florals, handpainted maps and portraits of the couples. Boxed invitations make a huge impact and will have your guests remembering your event long after
- Velvet – incorporate this into your 2019 wedding décor scheme for that luxurious feel
- Non-traditional floral components – grass and wheat add another layer of depth to your design
- Personalised place settings – couples are replacing generic place cards with handwritten notes
- Custom Illustrations – using an artist to draw magical parts of your day, for example the chapel, the venue, the flowers. The artwork can appear through every element of stationery of your wedding – from the save the date, to the invitation and thank-you cards.
Dates: 8and 9June 2019
Venue: Carnival City Sun Park
Tickets: R100 per adult and R30 per child (2 -12 years) available from www.wedding-expo.co.za or at the door
Time: 9am to 5pm daily